1. Chesh
  2. General Questions
  3. Wednesday, 30 January 2019
I have a dog that's very thin and it's difficult to have him gain weight. If I put him in the system as being underweight will it increase his intake need?
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Chesh,

A dog's nutrient requirements are determined in part by their activity level. So choose an activity level that will raise your dog's calorie requirements. Does this make sense to you?

Rene
Animal Nutritionist and Lead Developer for Pet Diet Designer
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Questions
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
So basically it doesn't matter what body type I put him at is that correct? So whether he's emaciated or overweight it isn't going to change his calorie count or intake unless I change his activity level correct? So basically the whole body type is a useless?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Questions
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi Chesh,

Body Score is not useless. You know that if you are ideal, then you are giving the right amount of calories. If he is emaciated then you need to up the calories, likewise you lower the calories if he is overweight.

If your dog is emaciated, then let the body score reflect that. You will be able to play around with the activity level to up the calorie count.

Let me know if you need help with this.

Rene
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Questions
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Alright I just needed to know if changing the body score made a difference. I'll up the calories thank you.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Questions
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
You are very welcome, Chesh.

Rene
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Questions
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.
Sorry, the discussion is currently locked. You will not be able to post a reply or a comment at the moment.