1. sshoup
  2. Reports
  3. Tuesday, 13 August 2019
I cannot figure out why my omega-6:omega-3 ratio is 20.55:1 (see attached). I have used the footnote for this ratio and have added up the grams of the omega-6's and the grams of the omega-3's and do not come up with anything near 20.55:1. I was not able to locate some of the compounds in the footnote so am wondering if this is the issue? Thanks!
Attachments (1)
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi sshoup,

Can you please attach a pdf of your Recipe Balancer screen, including the Kcal Targets?
Animal Nutritionist and Lead Developer for Pet Diet Designer
  1. 5 days ago
  2. Reports
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Will this work? I can do a pdf if necessary, I just don't really work off of my PC, only my Mac so a pic is much easier. Also, I'm well aware the kcal target is way off...right now I'm just trying to mess with the omega 6 and omega 3s to come up with a lower ratio but can't seem to get it there. Curious to know if this has something to do with the kcal target. Thanks!
Attachments (1)
  1. 5 days ago
  2. Reports
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi sshoup,

No, that won't work. There is a bug in our website where we can no longer see jpeg or png images. We can still see pdf images or documents. Open up the image in your image viewer and save it as a pdf file. Then attach it to a forum reply.

We are replacing this website on the weekend with a new one and this bug has been fixed.
  1. 5 days ago
  2. Reports
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
I started over, made sure the total kcal was close to the target kcal, and now the ratio is more of what I would expect based on adding up the grams of the LA and ALA and taking the ratio. I would still like to understand if there are other considerations besides the grams of LA and ALA when the ratio is computed because when I took those straight numbers for the last recipe it didn't work. Thanks!
  1. 4 days ago
  2. Reports
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hi sshoup,

There are no other considerations. The LA : ALA ratio is calculated as you would expect (total LA to total ALA).

The nutrient requirements are based on metabolizable energy (ME), so it is important to feed the energy required. Hope this makes sense.
  1. 4 days ago
  2. Reports
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!