1. IDMusher208
  2. Reports
  3. Thursday, 14 March 2019
Looking for some help here. I created the table attached but don't like using the percentages because the percentages are different with each dogs RA. So if I were to input 1 oz of 90/10 ground beef raw, then went to the Reports section and used the numbers off of that, I would know the actual amounts of nutrients in that 1 oz vs just a percentage of my dogs RA correct? So then I could use the Reports numbers for all three of my dogs, because that's what is actually in the food. Not sure if I'm making any sense, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments (2)
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi IDMusher208 ,

Unfortunately I cannot see the screenshots as there is a bug that prevents us from seeing them in these forums. We are working on fixing this bug.

However, I believe I understand what you are saying. You want to make a batch of food for 2 or more dogs of the same life stage. This feature is coming with our next update but there is a workaround to do this in the current beta product.

Here is the workaround:

If all your dogs are the same life stage (for example, adults). Balance a recipe for one adult dog. Then run the recipe through the Life Stage Quantity report (https://www.petdietdesigner.com/en/product/pet-diet-designer-for-windows/reports/lifestage-quantity-report). If the recipe balances in this report then you can feed that recipe to all 3 adult dogs. Just use the Batch Food report to create a batch. You can also use the Batch Report to tell exactly how much of the recipe to feed to each dog. If the recipe doesn't balance, then tweak the recipe until it does balance, even though it may not balance for the individual dog.

I hope my explanation is clear enough for you. Other people have asked this same question and listed below are some other forum posts for you to look at.

Let me know if this works for you.

Rene
References
  1. https://www.petdietdesigner.com/en/forums/recent/1-uncategorized/1552-question-about-re-using-recipe-components-made-of-mixed-items?start=0#reply-1557
  2. https://www.petdietdesigner.com/en/forums/recent/12-recipe-balancer/725-bulk-recipes?start=0#reply-727
Animal Nutritionist and Lead Developer for Pet Diet Designer
  1. one week ago
  2. Reports
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
That's not exactly what I'm looking for, although that will be helpful later. I just want to know about the actual nutrients that are in the foods. So I made a table with all the nutrients listed in PDD and then made a list of all the foods that I can source here. I then inputted 1 oz of, say 90/10 ground beef raw, and then listed the percentages of my dogs RA for each nutrient. Basically just trying to find what foods provide the most of certain nutrients.
So I was wondering if I would be able to use the Recipe Nutrient Report to get the actual numbers for each nutrient in the food (1 oz of 90/10 ground beef raw has 0.38 g of Arginine, 5.67 mg of Magnesium, etc) instead of the table I created by using the recipe balancer to find 1 oz of 90/10 ground beef raw which was 39.43% Arginine, 3.44% Magnesium for that dogs RA.
I guess what I'm getting at is, will 1oz of 90/10 ground beef have 0.38 g of Arginine (or other food/nutrients) no matter what dog I use it for?
Thanks
  1. one week ago
  2. Reports
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi IDMusher208,

I still do not understand what problem you are trying to solve. Why would you want to export the PDD data to a table?

Rene
Animal Nutritionist and Lead Developer for Pet Diet Designer
  1. one week ago
  2. Reports
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.