1. songbird
  2. Nutrient Database
  3. Tuesday, 06 August 2019
Hi, I just got this program and I am not having an easy time with it. My dog has many allergies, so I am trying to come
up with four recipes that he can rotate. Ideally, none of those recipes will duplicate ingredients so that he is less likely
to get new allergies. So the only source of iodine I can find on here is kelp powder, which is good for one recipe. Could
you please help me figure out other sources of iodine? Thank you very much. I am so glad to have found this. If I can figure
it out, I think that he will feel a lot better.

Janet
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hello Janet,

This program is for healthy dogs. We are releasing a new product later this year which handles disease conditions, Pet Diet 365 Home Plus, and adverse reactions to food is one of the first ones we will add to the program. Also included is a detailed Dietary Elimination Trial module and report.

In order to do an elimination diet you typically limit dietary protein to one or two sources. Use protein sources your pet has not been exposed to before. Avoid foods that contain wheat, barley, or rye. Avoid tuna, mackerel, skipjack, and bonito.

Eliminate the kelp for diet A and then later, add it to diet A. If it works then keep it. On a side note, sea vegetables have the highest amount of kelp.

Iodine values are coming in our next release, later this year.
Animal Nutritionist and Lead Developer for Pet Diet Designer
Votes
Undo
Thank you so much! I appreciate all of the information. I will keep all of these things in mind. I am excited to find out that you are adding the new product that should help me to deal with his food sensitivities.

Janet
Votes
Undo
You are very welcome.
Animal Nutritionist and Lead Developer for Pet Diet Designer
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!