1. Annabell
  2. Nutrient Database
  3. Monday, 26 November 2018
There are no bones to chose from the nutritient database. I doubt that there is a single raw feeder out there, who doesn't feed his peet bones (I at least hope that there isn't!). Without those nutrition data, the whole program is completely worthless. When are you planning on adding backs, wings and necks with nutrition values for the bones?
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Annabell,

Please read the blog linked below that describes bone-in foods that will be included in our next update.

Our software is not only for raw feeders, it is also for cooked meals too. There are many raw feeders who replace bone with calcium (bone meal, eggshell, calcium carbonate, etc) because not all pets do well with bones. Also some people refuse to feed bones because of the dangers of obstructions, etc.

Rene
References
  1. https://www.petdietdesigner.com/en/community-blog/entry/next-generation-pet-diet-designer
Animal Nutritionist and Lead Developer for Pet Diet Designer
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Nutrient Database
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Awesome, thanks for sharing the link! Can't wait for the update!

Anna
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Nutrient Database
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Wow, wish I would have read this before I bought it... Any update on the release of the newer version? Because I'm a bit put out that I spent money on a program that includes the "nutritional values" for bloody KFC and other Fast Foods, but not for bone-in chicken leg quarters.
Votes
Undo
Hi jessycanagorski,

Please read the blog post (link attached) that describes our upcoming releases in detail.

Rene
References
  1. https://www.petdietdesigner.com/en/community-blog/entry/next-generation-pet-diet-designer
Animal Nutritionist and Lead Developer for Pet Diet Designer
Votes
Undo
That post was written almost 10 months ago, which is why I asked for an update not a repeat of old information. Also, it lists the release date as "2019". Which means it could be released today, or it could be released in just under a year. That's a bit too broad to be considered detailed information.
Votes
Undo
I feel the same way! This program sounds like a great idea, but it is totally useless as of right now. I chose not to pay for a nutritionist's recipe because they did not include bones, which happens to be my dog's favorite part in his meal. Why can not this version be improved and why do we have to wait for a whole new program to be released? I am looking forward the update, but since there is no clear information about it's release date... I am not holding my breath.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.
Sorry, the discussion is currently locked. You will not be able to post a reply or a comment at the moment.