1. SIM00
  2. Uncategorized
  3. Thursday, 31 January 2019
I posted a question about this earlier and it looks like it didn't show up so I'm trying again.

I'm trying to formulate a raw diet based on 1000 kcals for growth so it can be given to several puppies. To start I've created a sample puppy in the pet's section at 8lbs and under 4 months of age. I'm trying to balance this single recipe to that dog's Daily calories target. When it balanced I was going to run the "Analysis by Lifestage & Kcal report"

I'm having a hard time with the safe upper limit for Lysine. When I drop meat products that contribute to a high Lysine percentage, other nutrients drop.

I have a recipe that is almost balanced except Calcium and Phosphorus is low which is a bit mind boggling as those are often the easiest nutrients to hit when formulating diets. Currently:

Calcium is Low
Phosphorus is Low
The lysine is too high at 359.41%
Vitamin A is too high at 2335.97%
Vitamin D is too high at 1094.53%

I feel like I'm missing something. Any help to get this to balance would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what reports you'd need to see
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi SIM00,

You are going to have to reduce the protein in the puppy formulation to get the lysine down.

Also, reduce the organ meat to get fat soluble vitamins down.

Rene
Animal Nutritionist and Lead Developer for Pet Diet Designer
  1. 2 weeks ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Lowing the protein that much (to bring lysine within a normal range), reduce phosphorus and choline dramatically. I feel like I've tried so many options and cannot get this to work. I'm working on a single protein recipe (chicken only) so I realize that may contribute that this should be possible.
  1. 2 weeks ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Sometimes you have to use supplements if you want to only use single proteins.

Rene
Animal Nutritionist and Lead Developer for Pet Diet Designer
  1. 2 weeks ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.
Sorry, the discussion is currently locked. You will not be able to post a reply or a comment at the moment.