• Learning & Support
  • Company
  • Buy
  • Community
  • More
  1. SIM00
  2. Recipe Balancer
  3. Thursday, 31 January 2019
I posted a question about this earlier and it looks like it didn't show up so I'm trying again.

I'm trying to formulate a raw diet based on 1000 kcals for growth so it can be given to several puppies. To start I've created a sample puppy in the pet's section at 8lbs and under 4 months of age. I'm trying to balance this single recipe to that dog's Daily calories target. When it balanced I was going to run the "Analysis by Lifestage & Kcal report"

I'm having a hard time with the safe upper limit for Lysine. When I drop meat products that contribute to a high Lysine percentage, other nutrients drop.

I have a recipe that is almost balanced except Calcium and Phosphorus is low which is a bit mind boggling as those are often the easiest nutrients to hit when formulating diets. Currently:

Calcium is Low
Phosphorus is Low
The lysine is too high at 359.41%
Vitamin A is too high at 2335.97%
Vitamin D is too high at 1094.53%

I feel like I'm missing something. Any help to get this to balance would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what reports you'd need to see
Sorry, the discussion is currently locked. You will not be able to post a reply or a comment at the moment.

Balance your pet's diet

We offer scientific, evidence-based DIY diet formulation to the world of homemade pet food. Take your pet diet formulation skills to the next level with the world's best pet nutrition software. Our software complies with the guidelines set by the 2006 NRC publication, "Nutrient Requirements of Dogs and Cats". This publication is the gold standard for dog and cat nutrition worldwide. Download PDD today and get started designing dog and cat recipes with confidence using our advanced Pet Diet Formulator™. Designing diets is finally fun!

PDD for Windows

Learning

Resources

Support

Company

Members

Legal

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.