1. Hannahcapped
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. Uncategorized
  4. Friday, 16 November 2018
Hi,

I'm working on some recipes and i noticed that when i exit out of the Recipe Balancer it doesn't show all the ingredients on the Edit recipe page. I'm hitting enter every time I add a new food but for some reason it's not saving like normal.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I just tried refreshing the Edit Diet page and this popped up
Attachments (1)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi Hannahcapped,

Please click the Refresh button on the ribbon.

Rene
Animal Nutritionist and Lead Developer for Pet Diet Designer
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi,

Every time I hit refresh it is still giving me the "Unhandled exception has occurred...." window. I'm not sure what it means. Any help on this would be awesome.
Attachments (1)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hi Hannahcapped,

Please close the application and start it up again.

Rene
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hi,

Unfortunately closing and opening the application doesn't seem to do anything. it's only happening with this one recipe so I'm not sure what the problem is
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Hi Hannahcapped,

It sounds like that recipe is corrupted. Please just delete that recipe and create a new one.

Rene
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Hi,

So it's now saving as a new recipe, however a new problem has occurred. In both the old corrupted recipe and the new recipe my EPA and DHA ratio meter is at zero. Even when I add an ingredient i know is high in DHA/EPA the needle doesn't move, The bar graphs and the nutrient summary is still working, it's just that one meter. Could i maybe uninstall and reinstall the program and see if that helps?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Hi Hannahcapped,

Please attach the following 2 reports.

Rene
References
  1. https://www.petdietdesigner.com/en/product/pet-diet-designer-for-windows/reports/recipe-nutrient-report
  2. https://www.petdietdesigner.com/en/product/pet-diet-designer-for-windows/reports/pet-recipe-analysis-report
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
Hi,

The meter started responding again. My recipe isn't finished yet and I've just been experimenting with different foods. if you have any suggestions though on the DHA and EPA ratio that would be helpful. It's hard considering her limited calorie amount. it seems that a lot of foods where the EPA and DHA ratio is good are too high calorie for her. Any help as always is greatly appreciated.
Attachments (2)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
Hi Hannahcapped,

I can see that your dog in on a weight loss program. There is another way to approach weight loss. First, what is Missy's ideal weight? Also, delete the weight loss program and tell me how many calories the program is saying she needs.

Rene
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
Hi,

Her ideal weight is 70 pounds, at least that's what my vet wants to start at. When I delete the weight loss it says she needs 1392.535 kcal
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
Hi Hannahcapped,

Formulate a meal based on 1392 calories. Make sure everything is in the green and the remaining calories on the ribbon is as close to zero as possible. Also, make sure that none of the nutrients exceed the safe upper limits. See the blog link below.

Once this is done then use the batch report to feed a fraction of the recipe, say 75% or 60%. The batch report will tell you exactly how much of each ingredient to feed.

Rene
References
  1. https://www.petdietdesigner.com/en/community-blog/entry/safe-upper-limits-for-dog-diets
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 12
Votes
Undo
Hi,

Thanks so much for the suggestion! that's going to make it a lot easier to balance. If i could pick your brain about one other thing...currently my EPA and DHA meter says 0:349:1 and obviously my meter is in the red. What should those ratios be and do you have any food recommendations to help balance that? Thanks again
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 13
Votes
Undo
Hi Hannahcapped,

The ratios are dynamically calculated depending on species, life stage, etc. The only important thing for you to know is that the needle has to be in the green. I recommend that you check and uncheck ingredients to see which ones have an effect on the ratio. This way you will be able to either add more of an item, or less, or get rid of the ingredient entirely. It is best that you formulate the recipe for the new calorie amount first as it is difficult to say what will happen based on your current calorie amount.

Rene
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 14
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.