Pet Diet Designer Logo ← Back
  Sign In   Register

Can't load PDD software.

DISCUSSION FORUMS

Tuesday, 08 November 2022
  164 Visits
Votes
Undo
I cannot load the PDD software. I have purchased before, 9 months ago. Supposedly it's expired. I thought it was for a whole year, I guess I was wrong. I repurchased the software again this morning, downloaded it, and it will not let me load it up. States I need a license key or to buy it again with I click the PDD app. Please help, I have clients that need their formulas on time for their pets.
Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Lauren, type the following into File Explorer and replace "<your_login_username>" with your own login username

C:\Users\<your_login_username>\AppData\Local\Pet_Diet_Designer,_Inc

You should see a folder like this "PDD03.Win.exe_Url_xvyljk4223l4nzvz0bulz20uoiiqnims"

You will have a different string of characters instead of "xvyljk4223l4nzvz0bulz20uoiiqnims"

Double click on this folder and you will see a folder called "0.88.3.0"

Next drill down on the folder "0.88.3.0"

You will see a file called user.config.

Delete this file and start PDD Beta.
Lauren Hawkins set the post as Critical priority — 2 months ago
Lauren Hawkins set the type of the post as  Issue — 2 months ago
Votes
Undo
Please follow the solution on this web page to solve your issue:

https://www.petdietdesigner.com/en/faqs/pdd-beta/troubleshooting/pdd-won-t-start-how-do-i-fix-this
2 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
There is no user.config file on my computer anywhere. I have searched high and low for it. It still won't load. What else could be the problem?
Votes
Undo
Can you show how you are trying to find the user.config file?
Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Lauren, type the following into File Explorer and replace "<your_login_username>" with your own login username

C:\Users\<your_login_username>\AppData\Local\Pet_Diet_Designer,_Inc

You should see a folder like this "PDD03.Win.exe_Url_xvyljk4223l4nzvz0bulz20uoiiqnims"

You will have a different string of characters instead of "xvyljk4223l4nzvz0bulz20uoiiqnims"

Double click on this folder and you will see a folder called "0.88.3.0"

Next drill down on the folder "0.88.3.0"

You will see a file called user.config.

Delete this file and start PDD Beta.
Pet Diet Designer selected the reply #3348 as the answer for this post — 2 months ago
Pet Diet Designer locked this post — 2 months ago
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Sorry, the discussion is currently locked. You will not be able to post a reply or a comment at the moment.

We offer scientific, evidence-based DIY diet formulation to the world of homemade pet food. Take your pet diet formulation skills to the next level with the world's best pet nutrition software.

Our software complies with the guidelines set by the 2006 NRC publication, "Nutrient Requirements of Dogs and Cats". This publication is the gold standard for dog and cat nutrition worldwide.

Shop for

Company

Resources

Software Support

Explore Software

Your Cart